Moving here and adulthood!

As much as I hated the process of turning into an adult, 
It turns out, I don't have to ask for permissions anymore! Yay!
Even though I am much better in decision making NOW,
I yet call my mom to chose between Subway sandwich and McDonald burger for me.

As every another boy/girl would feel after turning 18!
I felt, whoa! I am an adult. wohoho!
But life said, Well, No oops, sorry not yet ! Haha

The process of becoming physically and emotionally independent is what I call the biggest and the best adventure of my life.

Things that I experienced after moving here.

1) Living alone.
After living in a culture where I was surrounded by thousands of people, keeping you company, advicing you, loving you,
living alone was horrible for the first few months.
I definitely had second thoughts quite a few times in those months.
Its like leaving all the luxuries of life and coming into nothing.
No Tv, no car, no busky(my scooter), no restaurants, no idli, no dosa!
However, now after the first months, I am infact enjoying this phase.
I have my own little routines. grocery day, laundry day, cleaning day.
I feel responsible and grown up!

2) Money Trauma.
As I moved here, the Pound (£) was a big trauma to my rupee.
From having easily access-able cash ( aai's purse and baba's wallet)
to actually having to think if I really needed that starbucks coffee,
The money trauma was not easy to handle!!
(I am saving up for those cute tshirts I saw the other dayXx)


3) Cultural difference.
The biggest difference that I experienced was in the Social Life.
People back home are extremely social, inter-dependent, communal or collective in groups.
The culture here is more independent, private and with social and personal boundries.
I love Indian culture because of its giving nature and because one can never possibly feel alone.
I love it here too as I get more time to think about myself and the privacy gives me my own space.
From that to this, its actually very beautiful to observe the similarities and contrasts within these two types of livings.

4) Weather difference.
It can be rainy in the morning, sunny in the aftternoon and freezing at night.
That means I have to carry my sunscreen, umbrella and my jacket 24/7 in my bag.
Also the climate is dry, hence skin has to be taken care of.


5) Living away from aai (mom).
I don't think I need to explain this one.
She still gets thousands of calls from me. Believe me when I say thousands.

6) Food!!!!!
For an Indian person, food is life!
Chole Bhature, Mamledar Misal, PavBhaji, VadaPav, Gulabjam.
These names are eternal.
I started missing food from the day I landed.
Now, I miss it even more.
Positive side of this is that I learnt many dishes to cook to satisfy my cravings.

7) Cooking.
It takes about an hour to cook and then wash dishes to clear the sink.
After a long day, cooking is the least i want to do,
hence I have solutions which I cannot share here sorry haha.


This whole process was an adventure. 
Now when I think about it, 
it has changed me to an unbelievable extent. 
Its indeed a transformation from being a child in the house
to being the adult who now takes responsibilities.
How much ever overwhelming the whole journey is in the beginning, 
it gets better.
The phases and stages of this transformation are painful but beautiful. 
I now know myself better.
I learnt infinite things.
I am now prepared for the next adventure that comes in my life.




P.s: Thank you so much for all the love on my previous episodes. This journey is going to be a long one and I hope we share it together every week. 
Stay tuned for the next episode on next Thursday. Keep showering your love and take care of your health. Physical as well as mental. Let me know your thoughts in the comments below. You can also connect to me 
via email-  aishd19@gmail.com 
or via Instagram account name -@callmeaishwarya - https://www.instagram.com/callmeaishwarya/?hl=en

Until then, 
Keep smiling!




Picture by- https://www.everythingoverseas.com/27/11/2017/busting-the-myths-of-moving-abroad/













Comments

  1. Aishwarya, nice thought process and ability to scrutinise.
    Durbey is your magicwand in the process of bubbly child to responsible adult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Aisha,
    Your magicwand episode of this week made me very glad.You are happy in your present life.You have annalise every situation, accepted it and are very positive while thinking of it.
    Your maturity made me glad.Congratulation my child.
    Aajjee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice ! The best feature of your character is picking positive things from every situation. I truely feel proud of you. Be always like this. You are really growing up now. Very Good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I?

Mistake #1

Youngster's deserve respect too!